“Our primary aim when you contact us is to meet your exact rental requirements as quickly and as satisfactorily as possible.”
We will endeavour to match your budget and needs with a property of compatible specification. After discussing your requirements with you, we will arrange for you to view all properties which we believe will meet with your criteria.
Viewings are always accompanied by a member of our staff, in order that we can impart as much information about each property as possible.
On your arranged move-in date, we will complete the paperwork, to include signing of your tenancy agreement, arrangement of a monthly standing order (for your rental payments) and if applicable, we will provide you with an inventory of your property, to be signed and returned to us. On or before the day of occupation, you will be required to pay the following in cleared funds:
- A dilapidation deposit equivalent to one and half month’s rental
- First month's rent
We will undertake to inform all necessary utility companies of your tenancy and will transfer utility accounts into your name on your behalf.
INFORMATION ABOUT TENANT APPLICATION PROCESS
The applicant will need to arrange to view the property with one of our team. We will conduct the viewing and answer any questions using our knowledge and expertise of the property and the local area.
On deciding to rent a property, the applicant will need to agree a tenancy start date, monthly rent, who will be living in the property and any other special terms that the applicant, the landlord or we may require.
The applicant will be advised to reserve the property and submit an application.
All applicants are required to provide photo ID to prove their right to rent in the UK under the Immigration Act. All applicants must produce in person their EU or EEA passport or a valid visa granting the right to reside in the UK.
Please arrange a suitable time before the tenancy start date to attend our office to present the ID.
In order to recommend an applicant to the landlord, Allendale Lettings Agency will need to carry out detailed referencing checks on all applicants over 18 years old.
In order for Allendale Lettings Agency to conduct references the applicant will need to give their consent to third parties to release such information.
We will then assess landlord, employment & credit referencing:
- The applicant will be required to have a positive reference from a previous/current landlord or demonstrate that they are a current home owner.
- The applicant will need to demonstrate that they are in full time permanent employment and in a position to pass the affordability criteria for the particular property they are applying for. If the applicant is due to commence new employment or are within an employment probationary period it is likely that they will need to provide a guarantor.
- Self employed applicants will need to provide 3 years of business accounts or provide an accountant reference to prove a track record of affordability.
- All applicants applying to rent a property will be credit checked which they must pass.
- Should an applicant not meet the required criteria, there may be a possibility, with permission from the landlord, for the applicant to pay rent in advance for the fixed term of the tenancy. This will depend on the individual circumstances.
Important point to note: We will keep the applicant informed on our progress with referencing until all references are satisfied. Whilst Allendale Lettings Agency will do everything possible to complete an acceptable reference, we retain the right to turn down an application.
The applicant will receive a tenant information pack shortly after applying to rent a property. This will include frequently asked questions, draft tenancy agreement, and the invoice for initial funds. Initial funds are payable prior to check-in and include:
- The first installment of rent. This may be the first month or 6 months if the applicant is paying a lump sum of rent in advance
- A damage deposit equal to 5 weeks rent. We will register this with a tenancy deposit scheme in accordance with The Housing Act 2004.
- Utility charges: Where water rates or heating & hot water are billed direct to the Landlord by the properties’ management company the tenant will pay an agreed monthly sum in advance which will be held on account. On receipt of the utility bill from the management company a deduction will be made from the total held on account and any outstanding amount will be refunded/billed to the tenant. This will usually apply to apartment complexes
Each person over the age of 18 who will live in the property is required to complete an application form within 24 hours of reserving a property. Failure to do this will lead to the property being placed back on the market.
The information an applicant provides on the application form will be used to complete the referencing. Any false information given is likely to result in a tenancy application being turned down. If the applicant has any questions regarding this they can contact the member of our team who conducted the viewing.